Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2)

Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2) - Lauren Kate The cover:Don’t you love this cover?? The only great thing about these books (the first and this one) are the covers!! I just love it!!The content:This an Angel story in the Fallen series, I thought it was a trilogy but obviously it’s not.You can say that I disliked the first one, Fallen, from my past review of it. This one is slightly better in the story line. I hate the heroine, Luce, especially in this sequel. She’s just too stupid and too self absorbed. The other characters are cool, funny, serious, deadly, lovely and also interesting.I would’ve rated it 2 stars if the story didn’t get better before the middle. With all that said, I am going to read the the rest of series, hopefully, because I am simply hooked by the story. I am definitely not going to read any other Angel novels, not any time soon, but I’ll gladly finish this one :).The writing is good, but sometimes it feels like the author explains things too well and exaggerates in describing the surroundings that she leaves nothing to your imaginary :s.I do like all the chapters, they all have something good in them, except for the first few ones, they kind of were slow and long.The conclusion:I do recommend this book to fans of the Hush, Hush series, which I haven’t read yet and I’m not planning to do so anytime soon, and for those who love YA Angel/Fantasy books, I know a lot of book readers and reviewers who love it, it’s just a matter of personal taste and opinion :).